1. Booking Your Holiday
To book your safari contact your Travel Agent or email, fax or phone us direct. Once you have agreed to an itinerary as supplied by us, the Booking Form must be completed and the deposit must be paid within 7 days of accepting the itinerary to secure your booking. The person who signs the Booking Form does so on the behalf of all persons named therein and all are subject to these conditions. It is deemed that customers making a booking will have read and accepted these booking conditions for themselves and if for a group then on behalf of the group and all parties are aware of same conditions. The deposit required is 20% per person of the land content of the safari, which will be advised by us with the proposed itinerary, the balance of full payment is then due 6 weeks prior to intended departure date. Bookings made within 6 weeks of intended departure must be accompanied by the payment in full to secure the booking. No booking will be considered definite or contract made until booking form and deposit is received, accepted by us and a confirmation/invoice issued. If the booking is not accepted the deposit will be returned. No provisional booking is guaranteed until we have received a completed booking form and accompanying payment. A confirmation will be sent to you once deposit or payment is taken. We, or our agents, reserve the right to decline any bookings at our discretion.
2.Amendments & Cancellations by You If you wish to make any changes to, or cancel the land content of your safari after a contract has come into existence we will require such requests in writing, signed by the signatory of the Booking Form. If you wish to change any details of the land content of your safari (eg. change departure dates, accommodation types or even parts of the itinerary) we will do our best to help, however there will be an amendment fee levied of 20% of tour price per person. If you wish to cancel your holiday, the following cancellation charges will be applied from the day written request of cancellation is received by us, or our agents. We take no responsibility for non–delivery or non–receipt of the notification from you and the onus is on yourself to ensure that we have received the cancellation. We will confirm your cancellation in writing upon receipt of your correspondence to us.
Period before scheduled departure within which written instructions are received by Chameleon Holidays & Travel Amount of cancellation charge (shown as a % of total cost of land content of safari) More than 6 Weeks Deposit Less than 6 Weeks 100% Non arrival 100%
3. Amendments & Cancellations by Us And Our Liability Due to the nature of the countries travelled in we reserve the right to make minor changes (eg. places of accommodation, route changes) to the itinerary without notification to you as long as changes offered are of equal or similar standard/value. We must reserve the right to cancel a safari. Should we have to cancel for some reason other than failure to pay on your part we will offer you the choice of purchasing another safari from us (with you paying the difference if it is more expensive or receiving a refund if it is cheaper) or receiving a full refund of monies paid to us. For scheduled trip departures: your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realise the hazards involved in this kind of holiday, including injury, disease, loss or damage to property, inconvenience and discomfort. The whole philosophy of this type of travel is one, which allows alternatives and a substantial degree of on–trip flexibility. The outline itineraries given for each holiday must be taken as an indication of what each group should accomplish and not as a contractual obligation on behalf of the Company. All tailor made safari bookings are subject to a minimum number of paying clients as specified per itinerary. Very rarely, we may be forced to change your holiday before or after departure such as local political situation, flight cancellation, mechanical breakdown, weather, border restriction, sickness or other unforeseeable circumstances. We may also have to cancel a holiday where a force majeure situation (such as those described in clause 4) arises. In this situation, we regret that we cannot make any refunds, pay any compensation or be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by you as a result. We also reserve the right to cancel a holiday but not less than 6 weeks before your holiday if on a scheduled trip minimum number of group size is not reached and an alternative or full refund will be given to you. Bookings are accepted on the understanding that you (and members of your party) appreciate the risks inherent in this type of adventure travel at your own volition and free will. We accept responsibility for the services we have contracted to provide to you directly subject to the limitations in these Booking Conditions. We are not responsible for and have no liability for the acts or omissions of third parties (such as those providing excursions or other activities that you do not book through us)
4. Payment of your Holiday The balance of your holiday is due 6 weeks prior to your arrival. We reserve the right to take your money closer to the departure date but note that cancellation fees will apply in full. Payments made by bank transfer will need to include all bank fees. We also accept credit cards – Mastercard and Visa only. Note that all transactions through the bank are taken in Namibian Dollars/South African Rand. If we are unable to take payment from your credit card or do not receive payment then we reserve the right to cancel your booking and cancellation charges will apply as per booking conditions. Should the booking be made less than 6 weeks prior to departure then payment is due in full at the time of booking and any costs incurred by booking so close to the departure date shall be notified to you.
5. “Force Majeure” We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reasons or circumstances amounting to force majeure. This includes any event which we the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid such as, for example, war or threat of war, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events.
6. Your Responsibilities – Passport, visa, participation etc Under terms of this contract, all clients are required to purchase suitable travel insurance on payment of the deposit. This must cover the full duration of your holiday to include, but not limited to; costs of medical assistance, injury, death and repatriation (including helicopter rescue and air ambulance). It is also the responsibility of the client(s) to ensure that they are in possession of a current passport with at least 6 months validity, sufficient empty pages and all other travel documents required for your safari (eg. valid visa and health documents). We will not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Any information supplied by us on these or related matters (such as climate, when to travel, clothing, baggage, personal items etc) is given as general guidance and in good faith but we do not accept liability for any decisions made on the basis of information supplied. The company will not be liable if you fail to do so and you will be responsible for meeting any additional costs incurred by reason of such failure, no refund by the company will be offered in this instance. Unless we have booked flights for you, you are responsible for arranging your own flights to your destination and we therefore do not accept any liability for any delay in your transportation from your home or travelling point whether the cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling by transport supplier, airline, airport authority and/or action by air traffic controllers, industrial actions etc. Where long flight delays result in lost holiday time, no refunds are given by us and you should contact your airline if this occurs and check what coverage you have in your travel insurance. We are not liable for any payments in such circumstances. Our responsibility does not commence until the appointed time of the holiday itinerary, and we shall not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by you prior to that start time. If you are delayed and is outside your control you should seek compensation from your holiday insurance. The costs of meeting up with a trip if you are late will not be borne by us and is your responsibility.
7. Overseas Standards Expectations We ask you to note that standards in certain overseas countries. Restaurants, bars and accommodation houses on tour are often quite different to those accepted as the “norm” in Europe and Australia, especially in third world countries. Do not expect European/Australian standards overseas. Expect the relative ‘norm” found at your country of destination, often best explained in the many good travel guides at bookshops. There can be no monetary compensation in the case of such scenarios or disappointments. Come with an open mind
8. If You Have a Complaint In the unlikely event you are unhappy with any aspect of the Company’s arrangements while you are on your trip, you must address the problem with the Company’s representative/group leader or representative as soon as possible so that it may be corrected or at least reduced during the trip. If the problem cannot be resolved locally, you should send the full details in writing to Chameleon Holidays & Travel to be received within 7 days of the completion of your trip. It must include all relevant information and details of how you have attempted to resolved matters whilst on holiday in accordance with this clause. It is unreasonable to take NO action whilst on your trip and then write a complaint upon return. In all such cases no complaint will be entertained.
9. Behaviour and participation In accepting the booking conditions, you agree to accept the authority and decisions of our employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on holiday with us. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to terminate without notice the safari arrangements of any client whose behaviour is such that it is likely in our opinion to cause distress, damage, danger or annoyance to our other clients, employees, property, any third party, to the animals or to themselves. If you are prevented from travelling, because in the opinion of any person in authority you appear to be unfit to travel or likely to cause discomfort or disturbance to other passengers we reserve the right to cancel your holiday in full and our responsibility for your safari thereupon ceases. We will not be responsible for any extra costs incurred or any travel costs. Examples of this but not limited to include the following – any member of your party is unable to travel for medical reason; failure to check in early enough for a flight; mislay or lose holiday or flight documentation etc Full cancellation charges will apply and we will be under no obligation whatsoever for any refund, compensation or costs you may incur.
10. Special Requests If you have any special requests (such as dietary requirements) these must be noted on the Worldwide Booking Form at the time you confirm your booking. We shall do our best to meet your requirements but we cannot guarantee that they will be provided
11. Marketing Unless you provide us with written notice to the contrary, any likeness or image of you secured or taken on any of our holidays may be used by us without charge in all media (whether now existing or in the future invented) for bona fide promotional or marketing purposes
13. Use of Site The purpose of this website is to browse the content and make legitimate purchases of safaris/trips/car hire etc. It shall not be used for any of purposes or to make any false, speculative or fraudulent purchase. The content including photos may not be republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without prior consent from Chameleon Holidays and Travel. ’Embedding’ or ’Deep–linking’ or any other analogous technology is strictly forbidden. Use of this site without permission and/or the materials contained may violate copyright, trademark etc.
14.General website information We reserve the right to amend, modify or withdraw any part (or all) of the website, temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. We may also change the terms and conditions on a periodic basis and any continued use of the website following these changes is an acceptance on your part to these amendments. We will not be responsible for you not checking or being aware of any of these changes and it is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of them. If you do agree then you have must stop using the website. Whilst we endeavour to maintain the website and keep the information uptodate we may not always be aware ofchanges made by suppliers and therefore reserve the right for any amendments to be emailed or sent to you when a request is made to us. We cannot give compensation because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of the site or safari/trip due to circumstances beyond our control.
15. Disclaimer of Warranty The contents of this site are provided without a guarantee of any kind, either expressed or implied and may be subject to change. The owners of the site, authors and anyone connected to this site assume no responsibility for errors or omissions or any changes in the content or what may occur. Nor do the above warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy of the contents. The providers cannot assume any obligations to data loss, lost revenue or lost profit.